Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Santa Train...in Coopersville

I am new to this whole blogging thing, but I thought I would give it a try. 

I am a mom to three, sometimes challenging and most of the time rewarding, boys.  They are 5, 2 and 5 months.

On Sunday my sister invited us to go on the Santa Train in Coopersville, Mi with them.  I thought it would be fun and my older boys love trains, so why not.  I was a little worried due to the fact that I had just had a discussion with my 5 year old about how Santa was just a man dressed in a costume, and that his dad and I are the ones that buy him presents every year.  I wanted the main focus of Christmas to be on Christ's birth.  I want them to be raised with the understanding that Christ is the reason and the reason that we give presents is that the Three Wise Men gave presents to the baby Jesus and that God gave us a present in his son Jesus coming to the world in the form of a baby.  I know that some people will disagree with the concept of not letting my children believe in Santa, but eventually they have to know. 

Anyway to get to the Santa Train part of it, it is an hour and forty minute train ride from Coopersville to Marne and Santa and his elf are a part of it. Caleb, 2, was very afraid of Santa and would not sit on his lap.  It was a great time and we had fun.  Anyone that has children interested in trains should go and do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment